*** Before I delve into the Game of Thrones Season 4 Finale Preview allow me to thank those readers that have managed to stay with SciFiEmpire.net for almost 3 and as of today, 500 POSTS! Yes, I know… Not many of you have found SciFiEmpire.net 3 years ago as seen by the recent surge in popularity. This is mostly due to posts now also being directed towards Facebook, Twitter and Google+. If you are not yet a subscriber to SciFiEmpire.net on any of those networks do so quickly so you will never miss a post.
For those willing to take more than just a passive involvement in this website there is always the possibility to write your own posts. Would you want to write a review of a book, movie or TV-show or just a in-depth article than you more than welcome. Either go to the section Contact Us or Write For Us to get more details ***
Game of Thrones Season 4 Finale Preview
In my humble opinion the Game Of Thrones showed its first cracks during this season. Don’t get me wrong, the season has been really fantastic, it is just that too much content from the book has been cut which makes the storylines feel not only disconnected but events too often have a Deus Ex Machina in that they happen just at the right moment. If anything Game Of Thrones feels like the abridged version of A Song of Fire and Ice. Last weeks episode dealt with the opening Battle of Castle Black, in my opinion it felt somewhat underwhelming. I am not really invested in the characters at the wall like a I was during the Battle of Blackwater Bay. I waited for Stannis to save the day but sadly the episode did not show this event. In fact, there are so many events that the season finale must contain to remain consistent that I fear it will feel overwhelming.
Let me sum everything up.
1. Tyrion needs to escape from jail with the help of Varys and his brother Jaime. Then, he needs to kill somebody.
2. Stannis and Melisandre need to arrive at the Wall with Stannis’ new army to slaughter the Wildlings or else this season will feel underwhelming for both characters.
3. Rickon and Bran need to get where they are going because I have no real idea what they are up to (and I have read the books!).
4. Arya will finally need to part with the Hound to take up her live as an assassin. If the Hound dies than that means his role in any future novel will also be diminished. I know many fans are crossing their fingers he won’t be killed off.
5. Dani will need a good season send off. Most fans didn’t like how she was portrayed in the previous season finale. The risk is that series is moving her storyline too fast ahead. In most likelihood Dani will have to spend most of her time next season in Meereen as there are no more cities to conquer. Yes I know have revolted.
6. Brienne and Podrick need to get somewhere.
It will take for Sunday to find out what we are going to see. However, the death of a Lannister has already been spoilered by an extended episode promo which you can see below. The first promo is rather clean of spoilers but the one after that is not. Yet it differs only in one scene. This last episode is entitled The Children and is written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss and directed by Game Of Thrones old-timer Alex Graves.
This was Game of Thrones Season 4 Finale Preview
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery | Movie Review
Wishing You A Happy Christmas, From SciFiEmpire.net
Things To Look Forward To in 2022